In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Welcome to Peoples Funeral Home, Inc. | We believe that it is an honor to serve your family and we strive to exceed your expectations. Fred Hil Lisler Hill, while on active duty in the United States Military purchased the present structure located at 1122 East Mulberry Street, Denton, Texas in 1974 which immediately became People’s Funeral Home.
The professionals at Peoples Funeral Home & Chapel, Inc. have gathered a few recommended resources for your family and friends to use during this time of loss.